Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thanks, friends!

I just want to thank you all for your nice comments and emails. If anything positive comes out of all this, I think it will be that I have reconnected with some old friends! Not that I ever felt we were really apart, but it is nice to be chatting again!

Well, Kent and I ended up not going out for Mexican last Friday. I had made chili that day (before the balloon removal), and it just sounded so good, we ate chili. But, we did go to the movies after dinner and saw Charlie Wilson's War. We did not really like it that much. Tom Hanks did play a pretty good Texan though!

I also have to tell you that the balloon removal HURT LIKE HELL! They had to pull it out of the incision. Wow that was painful! Thank goodness it only lasted a few seconds. Then they took Derma glue and glued me back together. My left breast looks like it has fought a war all by itself! I have three incisions healing there!! I feel like I am on vacation this week. I have no appointments or treatments!

Yesterday, I got my hair cut. I went to a new salon that my friend, Anne Manning recommended to me. It was really nice. They even give complementary hand massages complete with a wax treatment to all their color clients. I am going back on Thursday to have a pumpkin facial peel with some massaging included. It lasts 90 minutes. I think I deserve it, don't you??!!

Saturday, my friend Genia will be here. I will be going to the Atlanta Market with her to help her by for the store. Hmm, I wonder if I will see anything I might want!! Do ya think?? I told her to bring me a Trapp Wild Currant candle. It is my favorite, and I havn't found a place that is close to me to buy Trapp candles. We plan on doing some antiquing while she is here too.

So, if you all don't here from me for a few days, you know that I will be shopppppppppppppping!

Have a blessed day! Love ya, Deb

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girlfriend! Never underestimate the power of retail therapy--it's wonderful thing! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Glad the hair person worked out ! And I hope this comment makes it this time with Aaron's help :-)

Have fun this weekend......we'll be looking for a full shopping report !

love, Colleen