Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Sunday, January 27, 2008

The Port

Just wanted to let you all know that I am having a port put in on February 5. I will go to the hospital at 5:30 a.m. and they will have me in a surgery room because they have to monitor the port going into the vein. It will be placed under my right collarbone just above the right breast. When I have chemo, they won't have to stick my veins each time and this also helps with the vein not collapsing. I will be going to a place soon and get fitted for a wig!! Now, I am not big on wearing wigs, but I think I would feel better in a wig going out to church or a nice restaurant. I am sure most of the time I will wear hats and scarves. I just can't imagine looking in the mirror and seeing my bald head! Yuck! Well, this is about all the info I have for now. I love hearing from you all. Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay......batten dwon the hatches pretty lady ! You WILL get through this (along with alot of moral support from all of your legion of friends :-)

As for the wig.....wait till you see these hats !

love, Colleen