Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Radiation Update

Well, day 4 of my 5 day radiation treatment is done! I have 2 treatments left for Friday, and then they take the balloon out! That is the worst part -- living with the balloon. Talk about firm breasts, boy my left one is showing off for the right one! The balloon is very hard, and then your body senses that something foreign is there and fills in around it with fluid. It really isn't painful except to try and sleep on that side. I met 2 ladies today, one had stage 3 and the other stage 4 breast cancer. Neither of them had regular mammograms. So, ladies, all I can say is be diligent about having regular mammograms, because it makes a world of difference! I think Kent and I will go out and celebrate Friday night with some Mexican food! I will let you all know how the balloon removal goes. Love ya all, Deb

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yippee!! It's Friday and we are praying the last day of radiation is a smooth one! Mexican seems like the perfect celebration...enjoy! Our love to you and Kent.

Heather

Anonymous said...

I am glad your radiation treatments are done.

Anonymous said...

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
We have all been down at the coast and just returned home to your blog and your good/GREAT news!!! Oh we are soooooooooo happy for you! Our thoughts and prayers have been with you and will continue to stay with you through chemo. You can do this! Hang in there and show everyone how it's done. I will watch you progress with great interest, love, support and many prayers with it.

Gigi said...

Hi Deb!! Thanks for sending the blog. Teri Lee told me the great news, but it's so nice to see it on your Blog! Keep up your strength and positive attitude, you'll beat this! Hugs, Love, and Prayers to you.

Anonymous said...

Think of you every day. Hope the Mexican food was delicious and happy for you that the radiation treatments are over.
Much love,
Peggy