Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Friday, January 18, 2008

Jan. 18, 2008 Update

Well, this is not a good way to start the new year. But, Tuesday, Kent and his boss parted ways. Kent could not please him hard as he tried. The man was a bully and had no heart at all. But, as Aaron said, I think the Lord put you in Marietta because of the good health care you are getting, and you got health insurance when you needed it most. Hopefully, a more perfect job will happen for Kent. We are both devastated by all of this, but we do have faith and I feel good vibes for him. He has already had some contacts and conversations. Please keep us in your prayers. We are willing to relocate as we really do not have any ties down here. It would just be hard to sell the house, but I am sure that would also happen.

I had a follow up today with the radiation doctor. Everything looked good. He reiterated my chance of survival which is 95%. He told me that there is grade 1, 2, and 3 cancer, and 3 is the most aggressive, and that is what I had. But the good news is it was small and caught early. But, chemo is what will destroy any remaining cancer cells that could be floating thru my body. He said there is a better chance of my right breast getting cancer than getting it in my left breast again, so that is another reason for chemo. He said my oncologist, Dr. Andrews, will be the most important doctor and I will see him often. I will find out on Tuesday what the plan is for me. I am just ready to get it started!

Well, I know I need to keep positive, and I hope you all do as well -- send me those good vibrations.

No comments: