Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Sunday, March 16, 2008

One, Two, Three beds you're out

Too bad that is not the case at the hospital. A couple of nights ago I changed beds three times and and never left my room. For some reason, my bed started signaling the nursing station. It was really old and had a trapeze-type bar over it. It didn't really bother me, but I did think it sort of strange. So they brought me another bed and this one proved faulty too. So then they brought me a third bed which was much newer and seems to work well. I still prefer the one at my house.

And speaking of my house, I have great hope of seeing it again early next week. Probably Tuesday if my fever stays down and they infection goes away and they are convinced they have the right antibiotics to treat it. The doctor said they usually want the infection to be gone for about nine days before they do another chemotherapy treatment so it looks like my March 24th scheduled treatment is in jeopardy.

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good and looking forward to getting home. Thanks to all of you for the notes and thoughts and prays. Every single one of them means a great deal to me.

No comments: