Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Friday, March 14, 2008

Disappointed, but I guess . . .

it is all for the better. I did not get to come home today. Overall, I'm doing pretty well. Unfortunately, I still have an infection at the incision point of my radiation. They took a needle biopsy of it today to figure out exactly what it is. They also drained out some of the infection which should help with some of the pain in that area. They will have to take the biopsy to the lab and grow the infection to figure out what will be the right antibiotic. All that won't get done until Monday. Until then I will get more general antibiotics and a shot to help my white blood count recover. This is very frustrating, but so far they say I am still on schedule for my next treatment on March 24th.

So until then, I am here and you are there. The food is lousy and the nurses are nearly as nice as all my friends. But pretty soon, I'll be back out there. I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers and calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOLY CRAP!!! Somehow I missed all of this until this evening! I take a few days to practice for a golf tournament and I find you in the hospital. Ted and I are thinking of you and hope you get out of there pronto!
xoxo
Peggy