Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Weekend Update

Hope you all had a great Easter. We had a fabulous one! Aaron and Alison came for the entire weekend – what a treat. Audra came with Aaron and we had wonderful family time. Saturday night, Aaron invited some friends over to the house for dinner, and it was just lovely to have young people around here again! We love the commotion! Friday, our old neighbors, the Grady’s stopped by for a visit. It was so good seeing them. Then on Saturday, my friend, Terry Fardon from Nashville came by and we had a great visit with her. Sunday, my friend, Jill Alexander, joined us for Easter Dinner. So, you can see we had plenty going on all weekend. I felt really good. We watched the UT game Sunday before the kids left to go back.

This coming weekend, we are heading to Knoxville for a sorority event/dinner for Alison. Kent will attend it and I will wait at the hotel because I am avoiding crowds. Alison will spend the night with us. Our Knoxville trips are getting numbered! She graduates in May and we are so excited. But after an internship at Ernst and Young this summer, she will start her Masters in Accountancy program, sit for the CPA, and hopefully get hired on full time at Ernst and Young.

Aaron is working hard on finishing his degree. He is ready to get on with his “adult” life. Audra is very patient and encourages him along the way. We are very proud of his efforts.

Monday, after Easter, I had my 3rd chemo treatment. It went without a hitch. Went back today to get a Neulasta shot that should boost my white blood cell counts to fight infection. The doctor is changing my chemo days to Tuesdays. Monday’s are just crazy there. I only have 2 more to go!! Hopefully, May 6 will be my last one!!!!! I am sure ready to get on with life, but I know it is worth the wait to make sure the cancer is all gone.

I am also asking you to pray for a friend of mine, Marcia Roland, who lives in Franklin, NC. She has just finished battling breast cancer and got an all clear. But ended up getting another scarey diagnosis -- MS. Now she has another battle!! She is facing it with dignity and courage, and humor I might add. She is a real go getter and will face this head on, but I would like everyone to pray for her. Thank you.

Well that is about it for this update. Love to hear from you all whether it is a post or an email – I just love hearing from everyone of you.

Take care until next update!!

Love, Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we are so glad that you are thru with your chemo treatments. It is such a blessong to have Aaron in our sunday school class. Our class continually prays for your health.

in christian love
Duane & Nancy Clark