Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm in ER (Emergency Room not the TV show)

Yesterday I started feeling sort of run down, like I had the flu. My temperature started rising so I called the doctor's office and they told me to go to the Emergency Room. We arrived at a little after 8:00 PM and they took blood and urine and gave me antibiotics through an IV. I finally got to a room at about 4:00 AM this morning. As we thought might happen, my blood counts got low and I was susceptible to infections. The place where I had the radiation balloon inserted has some kind of infection at that point and they want to get it under control immediately. So now I am in a regular room and the doctor told me I will be here for a few days. I really feel pretty good today, but am tired. I think they are going to give me a Nuelasta shot to help build the blood counts. The next couple of days are important to get my blood counts up and battle this infection. And I hope you don't see in ER again unless it is the TV show.

Thank you for all your love and support. It means a lot.

No comments: