Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Port Day

Today was the day I had been dreading -- getting the port put in. But, it actually was not too bad. We had to be at the hospital at 5:30 a.m. Surgery was at 7:39. And, yes, they put me totally out. I did not know they would for sure. Everything went really well. Once I got home, I took a pain pill (because I think that where they attached the port to my vein hurts a little). I slept and slept all afternoon! Maybe it had something to do with us getting up really early 3 mornings in a row! OR this just affected me differently. My biggest complaint is that my legs feel a little shakey. I don't know what that is all about (even my hands seem kind of jello-y). Hopefully tomorrow I will feel a little better.

Saturday Kent and I went exploring. We found a couple of cute shops in Buckhead, one had antiques, one had gifty things, and one had clothes. Then we went to Roswell and found a good antique mall there. It was definitely the best one so far and fairly affordable. We stopped at Trader Joes and got wine (2 buck chuck) to take to the Nelson's Super Bowl Party on Sunday.
Speaking of the Super Bowl Party, we had a great time. It was so good seeing our old dinner group and just being with friends. The food was yummy!! And ya all know me, I did not watch much of the game -- until the last 11 minutes or so, and boy was it exciting! We were all screaming. I hope I don't offend anyone here, but I think everyone was for the Giants. We got up early early on Sunday to drive to church at Brentwood UMC, had lunch with Aaron and Audra, went to see Aaron's slipcover for his sofa, and went to the party. We had to get up early early the next day and drive back so I could get an echo cardiogram. So, we have had a few busy days.

Colleen sent me a darling hat that she knitted. It is just so cute. It has a leafy pattern that goes around the bottom part of the hat and it is done in the prettiest yarn of cashmere and silk in a beautiful silvery tealish color. Thanks Colleen. You are one amazing knitter!!

I am looking forward to Thursday, when Deanie comes to visit for a few days. Then, Dawn comes on Sunday to be here with me for the first chemo treatment. I am just so lucky to have this support.

I will let everyone know what I picked out for a wig on Friday.

Love, Deb

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb,
Glad to know that the port surgery was not that bad.

Meant to tell you that this blog site is the best thing! Thanks Aaron!

Hope you are less shakey today. The anesthesia may have had something to do with it. And after all, your body has been traumatized a little bit.

Thinking of you--with love, Deb

Unknown said...

Deb,
Glad to have found this blog! A client of Jayson's got it for us. Hope you are continuing on a speedy recovery. Give me a call when you are up to it.
Take care,
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I am thinking of you daily and praying for you as often as I think of you.....I know everything is going to be okay...I love you guys.....lo

Dandy said...

Hey! it has been a while now, sorry not giving news more often but far away from the eyes doesn't mean far away from my heart ( idk if you've this expression in english haha ) i'm glad to see you're as strong as my mom and your articles about antique shops and the Superbowl cracked me up! i miss our French class haha

take care, mat

Deb Rosenbury said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. It is hard to explain how much they mean to me. You ALL mean so much to me. Thanks, and keep the comments coming. Love, Deb