Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

It has been awhile!

I figured it was time to update my blog, when my son, Aaron, called and "scolded" me for not updating recently! So here goes: I felt great after chemo until Weds. eve. Kent has sent me a big beautiful bouquet of white tulips for anniversary/valentine's day. He made reservations to a really nice restaurant in Buckhead for 3, because Dawn was here. But I just did not feel like going.
As it turned out, we went to Taco Mac (sports bar), ate dinner, and he stayed to watch IU play. Dawn and I went to Barnes and Noble where I could sit comfortably in a chair. By Thursday, I felt pretty poopy! I slept most of the day. It was just tiredness, but I did not like it. Friday I felt good again, and we even went antiquing on Saturday!

Monday, I went in for my CBC blood count test. It showed my counts were low (91). But this is somewhat normal after chemo. The day after chemo I had a Neulasta shot which helps the platelets and white blood cell counts to go up. They said it should start kicking in soon. Hopefully, by Monday, my counts will be up to at least to 140 so I can have chemo, otherwise they delay it. The Neulasta shot really, really makes my bones hurt! I mean hurt BAD!! But this is good because that means it is working. Thank goodness for Advil and heating pads.

There was one other "setback". I have a redspot on my left breast right where the incision was for the radiation. I was told that after I start chemo, I might get something called Radiation Recall. They told me it would be a red spot and look and feel like a sunburn. Well, they are not sure if I have an infection or if it is RR. They put me on Cipro and Augmentin to see if it is an infection and goes away. If it does not, then my chemo treatment will be somewhat jeopardized, because I will not be able to get Ruby (Adriamycin). I really hope it is an infection. But, God knows what he is doing, and I have to trust this is all for my good. I really felt like a "cancer patient" on Monday. I was walking funny because my bones hurt, and my spirit was temporarily wounded. But, I am rallying, and hopefully everything will be just fine.

My visitors this past week have been Deanie Burge and Dawn Peach. It was fabulous to have them here. They both bring their special talents and gifts at just the right time! Dawn brought me a cute pink T-Shirt that says "Think Happy Stuff". I love wearing it because it makes me happy!!! Genia sent me some new Paige jeans because my other ones sagged to much in the rear! (I thought sagging was in!). The jeans are really cute. I also got a UPS package the other day. It was a Pajama Gram, from an old friend and neighbor in CT, Marcia White. I called her, and we talked like we have never been apart (but it has been almost 20 years). Deanie gave me a book about healing cancer thru the Lord's Prayer. It is a fabulous book and is full of hope.

Speaking of books, I just finished "The Other Boleyn Girl". It was soooooooooo good. Can't wait to see the movie. I am always looking for good suggestions on books, so if any of you have any recommendations, let me know.

I think I rambled on enough. Take care, and I will let ya know what happens Monday. Teri Nelson will be here then, and we are going to the wig place together and having a head shaving ceremony!! (on Weds.). We will post pictures. Wish me luck that chemo happens!!

Love Deb

3 comments:

HealedbyGod05 said...

hello!!

I have been thinking about ya LOTS! We will definitely pray for your chemo/red spot! You are right, God is in control so try to find rest in that.

We are doing alright-I have been fighting off a TERRIBLE cold/sinus infection. Uggghh...I went to the doctor yesterday and got a antibiotic and a really strong decongestant. I think I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel! :)

Home school is moving right along-Chelsey actually made the comment the other day she would like to home school through 8th grade and then go back to school for high school! Hmmm....that is good-BUT another year of putting together curriculum is scary for me. LOL! I think we can manage!

Russ is doing well-Rader is good-we had a very sad Friday last week. Chelsey's yellow bird (Sunny) died-we aren't sure what happened but it was such a bummer. Her and I sat on her bed holding this cute little "dead" baby bird crying! We think she aspirated-when they eat the formula it can sometimes come back up and get into their lungs and cause an infection. So you have to let them be for awhile after they eat. We aren't positive that is what happened but we talked to the lady we got it from and she had mentioned that.

Awwww...but Dad came to the rescue he felt so bad that we went and bought another one that afternoon. So now we have a new baby named Grace. She is very cute-the gray one is done being hand fed, but we still have to feed Grace twice a day. The joys of pets! LOL!!!!

Anyway, oh my mom called this morning and Maggie has been sick, so she called the vet and asked them a few questions. They mentioned that she could have diabetes or kidney failure-from the symptoms. So mom is FREAKIN right now, but has a vet appointment tomorrow at 10am. I will keep ya updated.....

How are things with Kent and a job?
WE will keep praying.

Oh, shoot I gotta go, Chels has an orthodontist appt. and we are late....

I love you
xo
Dani

Anonymous said...

Deb, you are truly a girl after my own heart. Fish tacos and donuts after chemo -- you ought to write a book. We will be waiting to hear good news about the red spot -- I hope and pray it's RR, so that you can continue with the healing drugs. I miss having you as my backyard neighbor! -- please take care! love, Laura

Anonymous said...

I forgot to tell you today when we talked that I am also reading the Other Bolyen Girl novel. I am not that far in but it is really good. We have also been watching the 'The Tudors' on SHO.......a little different from the book so far .......and Henry is short with brown hair... go figure ! Good luck on Monday, thinking of you :-)


love,colleen