Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The New Do

Well, as you have probably seen by the pictures, I have had my hair cut off as of today, Weds., Feb. 26. Interestingly enough I started to lose my hair last night. Today, I was scheduled to get my wig. Teri Nelson was here with me since I was supposed to have chemo on Monday. The chemo got delayed until this coming Monday because as it turned out, I had radiation recall. The type of chemo had to be changed. Along with that, differents meds, etc. I will be getting cytoxin and taxater (not sure it is spelled right). I will still have hair loss. My treatments will be every 3 weeks and I will have 4 more treatments instead of 7 as planned. I should be done by May 5 unless my treatment gets delayed for some reason (like low blood counts). I am believing that will not happen. Right now I am feeling really good, and I am ready to get another treatment behind me!

Tonight it's the girls on American Idol and Teri and I are anxious to watch it! We have our pajamas on and are ready to tune in!! I will write more later. Love, Deb

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there girlfriend! I sure wish I had been down there with you and Teri today. I LOVE you as a redhead:) I think you look fabulous! I'm glad to know that you two made it home safely today. I was a little worried since the last time we talked it sounded like you guys may have been headed to the coast! I'm glad you are getting out and feeling better. I miss you. Love, dp

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and I think your hair looks great......both heads actually. You are always beautiful......in and out ! Do the new drugs have names like the other ones ?? Glad Terri is there with you ....tell her I said 'hi'

Miss you, love you,
cmf

HealedbyGod05 said...

hey you sexy thang! LOL!

Really, I have to make light of the hair thing because I have already been there..BUT the wig looks MARVELOUS! WOW!!!

We were just looking at pictures two nights ago on the computer and ran across a bunch of my pictures from MI, I forgot what I looked like with no hair! My how time flies....

It has been a little stressful around here. Russ' grandmother passed away unexpectedly last week and her funeral was Friday. Now his grandfather, the one we have been worried about for the last two years with health issues isn't doing so hot. His grandpa went in Sat(2.22.08) @ noon, unresponsive and then his grandma went in @ 12am unresponsive. She had a hemmorage at the back of her brain and went into a coma and never came out. His grandpa has congestive heart failure, copd and diabetes-so everything is a challenge with him right now.

Other than that we are staying busy, just had a trip to Schaumburg and Naperville, IL last week for a couple of days-for work.

Can't remember when my last post was, but mom found out Maggie has diabetes-go figure! She has been giving her shots of insulin twice a day.......you can just imagine huh?

Your looking good, sounds like your handling the chemo fairly well! I miss you and LOVE YOU TONS!

We will be praying
God Bless
xo
Dani

Anonymous said...

Deb-you're not the only one computer illiterate-you may get two messages from us. Russ talked to Kent a couple days ago and finally filled us in on everything that's been happening. I can't imagine going through all that in a new town. But, I'm a believer in things happening for a reason. You must be getting the best care there where you are.

Let us know if there's anything we could do for you all. My brother lives in midtown so I'm down there frequently. You are adorable bald-this summer I would appreciate every moment of it.

Love and prayers, Emily Land