Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Things are getting back to normal!

Just wanted to let you all know that last week I had my port taken out! That was a big step in getting back to normal. But, the best thing was that I had my mammogram and it came out okay! I was pretty nervous about going, so my friend, Jill, went with me. She has been through this herself and she said she could remember how nervous she was getting her first mammogram. We made a day of it and went out to lunch and to an antique mall.

I have been getting out and walking almost everyday. It feels really good to get out there and do a brisk walk. Today, my friend, Susan and I went to Kennesaw Mountain and hiked the walking trail there. It was great! We plan to do it more often.

Alison is here living with us and it has been wonderful to have her company. We play a lot of Boggle and Scrabble together. We also have some favorite television shows that we love to watch together. I will really miss her when she leaves at the end of the summer.

Our biggest news is that our son, Aaron, has gotten engaged to his girlfriend, Audra. We are so very happy for them and love Audra very much! Looks like the date will be sometime late summer of 2009.

Kent is still not working. Just when he thinks he has a strong "in", it seems like something happens to screw it up! We are trying to keep our chins up, but it gets difficult!

Hope you all have a good summer and I will write an update again soon.

Love, Deb

4 comments:

Aaron said...

I am so glad that everything was ok with your appointment.

Anonymous said...

Nancy Hoinski-Hi Deb-Colleen clued me into your blog. It is so good to see pics of you, Kent and the kids. What a wonderful family. You look beautiful. I know that you have been strong through this and know that you are in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

It is sooooooo GOOD to hear all is well with you. I have tried getting on here a couple of times and had problems so I didn't know what was going on. I think about you ALOT! Isn't normal nice! I ams so happy for you!!

We are doing fine-Russ is busy, busy, busy with work so he is pretty much only home on the weekends right now. We are driving up Wed. to stay with him for a day or two in Chicago-I love Chicago!

Mom is getting over the loss of Maggie-yes it was a VERY sad day and VERY HARD for mom-BUT she is back up and going again.

We went to the shelter and got her a boxer her name is Ally-she came with that name so she didn't want to change it..she is so frickin adorable. A little skidish still,but mainly because of all the change she has had to go through-she is very loving and her and mom well, go together great :)

Josh and the kids are good-Chels and I just watched the kids the other day and OMG they are a HOOT! I have some awesome pictures to send you....via email of course....

I haven't talked to Lowda much, I know mom has sounds like she is having some ups and downs with the family...

We will keep praying for Kent and I am rejoicing with you on your road to complete recovery!

GOD BLESS
LOVE YA LOTS
Dani

OH YEAH--CONGRATS AARON AND AUDRY!!

Anonymous said...

rewind: I knew when I put congrats to Aaron I spelled Audra wrong....please forgive me....

CONGRATS AGAIN AARON AND AUDRA!!!

p.s.s
CONGRATS TO ALI ON GRADUATION! WTG!!