Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Sunday, June 1, 2008

It's Been Awhile!

Just wanted to let ya all know that things are going pretty well as far as my health is concerned. I have a doctor appointment this coming Tuesday. I suppose I will get quite a bit of information at that time, like when I get my port out, how my blood is, etc. So, I will let you know what I find out.

Kent and I had to make a quick trip to Florida a few weeks ago. His Aunt Carol's husband died. He had made a decision to go to Hospice and everyone was told he would probably die in 7-10 days. Instead he died in 3 hours! We were all shocked. But he was ready and now is with God. He was a very nice guy. And, even though the circumstance of why we went there was not good, we did get to see family we do not get to see often and even got to see 2 of the newest additions, Mary Virginia and Lillian. What precious little girls!! On the way home, we decided to drive through Savannah, GA because neither one of us had ever been there. Well, it was really a fun little trip. We stopped and had lunch, took an historical trolley ride, and stopped for ice cream before we left. We enjoyed it so much, that we want to go back for a weekend. Anyone game to go with us?? Aaron is going to post some pictures of us in Savannah. I am sure they are LOVELY!!!!

Yesterday, we helped some neighbors with a screened-in porch they are building. It was hot, but we had fun. That evening, we had a nice pizza dinner at their house. It is great to be meeting people and getting a social life back again! Susan and I have alot in common. She is an interior designer and we like much of the same kind of things. One day last week, we went to a thrift store that was closing and everything in the store was 50 cents!! You should have seen the things we got for a total of $7 and $8!!!

This week, Alison will be here on Tuesday. We are looking forward to spending time with her. I think she is kind of excited too, but it will be difficult for her and her boyfriend, Paul to be apart.

Well, all for now. We still have an extra bedroom and an air mattress! So, if any of you are inclined to visit, we would love to have you!

Bye bye!! Deb



just wanted to add some pictures for the Savanna trip.

Aaron

No comments: