Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Still Hangin' in There

Hi Everyone! Just wanted to let you know that I am doing very well since my last chemo. I had the Neulasta shot this time the day after treatment and that really helps! It does make me very achy, but that means it is working, so I try not to complain! I go this Thursday, April 3, to get lab work done. They will look at all my "counts" and tell me the results immediately. Hopefully, Neulasta worked and my white blood counts are rebuilding themselves. Next chemo: Tuesday, April 15. After that I only have one more to go, which is scheduled for May 6.

This past weekend, we went to Knoxville to attend Alison's sorority's awards dinner. I stayed in the hotel room while Kent and Alison went. I was pretty tired anyway, and ordered room service. After the dinner, they came back to the room and we all laid in the king size bed and watched "Catch Me If You Can" with Leonardo DiCaprio. That is a great movie by the way -- even Kent liked it!! I know.....................that is amazing in itself. The next day, we ate a quick breakfast and visited with Alison before heading home.

Tomorrow, Kent's dad flies in from Indiana and Kent's cousin, Susan, is coming from Florida. Susan will be a big help, and it will be nice to see them both. Kent is completely in charge of "entertainment", so I hope to just sit back and enjoy the company.

Thank you everyone for your sweet cards, notes, letters, emails, flowers, pj's, socks, hats, gifts, and phone calls. Everyone of you plays such a big part in my life. Love you all! Be blessed.

Love, Deb

2 comments:

Aaron said...

that is definitely a dad movie. Lots of thinking involved and then measure to protect identities and stop fake checks.

Anonymous said...

HELLO!
Sorry it has been so long since I stopped in! I have been thinkin bout ya! :)

We went to Las Vegas for spring break and got home late Sat.night. It has been busy since we got home. It was one heck of an experience.

We went to the Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon- what an amazing site! It is definitely something I will never forget. We took tons of pictures. I will have to send you.

We have been doing LOTS to the house-we cut a window in the wall from the kitchen to the front living room, painted the front room , got new furniture in the front room, painted the kitchen and we may be starting the floor in the kitchen this weekend. Oh, and Russ put in an awesome granite bar/counter in the front room-so many changes....yipppeee

Mom has moved again-her new place is absolutely adorable-I will get her address and phone to ya via email.

Josh and the family are doing good-I only talk to him about once every two or three months anymore?!

I love your pictures on here-I am so excited for you finishing up chemo treatments! What a relief that will be!!! Oh, I went for my first mammogram-woooo hoooo what a fun experience HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA just kiddin...but everything was PERFECTO! Thank You Jesus!!!

I will check back in with ya soon
Tell everyone I said HI!

xo
LOVE YA TONS
Dani