Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Susan G. Komen Ribbon

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I Am Getting Spoiled!

Last Thursday, Kent's dad and cousin, Susan flew in for a visit. It has been really nice having company. AND, especially with Susan cooking our meals! We have had a lot of great dinners. She has cooked every single night -- that is why I am getting spoiled. Today she is cleaning! It will be sad to see them leave. Every evening we sit on the back patio and have our two buck chuck wine from Trader Joes. Susan has really enjoyed that.

Today, Kent took his dad to the World of Coke tour. He was looking forward to doing that with Kent. Since he used to work for Kraft Foods, he likes to see other facilities that package food, etc.
Tonight, Chuck is taking us for barbeque, which I am really looking forward to, since we hardly ever go out for dinner anymore.

I did have a scare last week. I had to go in on Thursday (the day Chuck and Susan came in) and have lab work done. When I got to the doctor, they found I had a temperature! I did not feel bad, but apparently, the left breast was being naughty again! The temp was 100.2 and at 100.5 they stick you in the hospital. I was in panic mode, because I sure did not want to go there again!! Anyway, they ran all kinds of blood tests for staff cultures and then sent me to Dr. Fine's office (the surgeon) so he could do an ultrasound and see if there was something brewing in that breast. Sure enough, I did have some fluid. So, he drained that, put me on augmentin and I am happy to report I have been doing well ever since. I had a follow-up visit with the oncologist on Monday, and my cultures were negative and as long as blood counts stay high, I can have chemo on the 15th - yea!

Hope you all are enjoying Spring. I will write after my next chemo! Take care. Love, Deb

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like you're doing so well, particularly your great attitude. I'm sure that will have a lot to do with your recovery. Well, that and the box of Krispy Cremes I saw you holding in one of the pictures. I know they always perk me up. I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you and I love your blog and all the pictures.

Kathy Kennedy